[SOLVED] QN85B 75" Voice is greyed out, no voice assistant, Samsung is no help

34Ford

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've had this Tv for 3 weeks now and I have tried 3 times to get Samsung to help.

When I press the microphone button on the remote it says "The microphone is turned off. All voice features and some intelligent Mode features are not available".
When I go to the Settings/All settings/General & Privacy screen the "Voice" is greyed out. In the right column it shows the assistant I choose at the initial setup, but when I click on "Voice" I get the same thing about mic is turned off.

I have done 3 total factory resets and picked a different assistant. Bixby, Alexa, and Google Assistant.

The 3rd Samsung rep even stepped me thru the last reset and still no good. Now their saying they will email me. Yea right. They also cancelled a service repair they scheduled.

So after 1 hour on the phone, all he could figure out is it is a bad remote. Its the new SolarCell Remote. So they are sending a new one.

Mic hardware switch underneath the logo, maybe its deactivated, try to turn it on.
Il be a SOB! That was it. My god the idiot agents at Samsung didn't have a clue about this. Well I have a new remote on its way. LOL.

I found the user manual that showed the switch but I had to use a flashlight and a mirror to find it.

Thanks so much kdizzle.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom