Solution for Impossible Situation (6' ceilings)

scdalaskan24

Novice Member
The only space I have available for a designated listening room is in my basement which has 6 foot ceilings. the dimensions are 13’x13’x6’ with three of the walls being concrete foundation.

I felt confident in my decision to start with a pair of Bower Wilkins 603 s2 Anniversary speakers and Denon AVR-X4700H. I’m thinking of using a Topping DX7 Pro ES9038Pro Dac from my computer to the AV receiver to play my Amazon Music HD and an Apple TV 4k into my AV receiver for movies. Now I've completely change gears.

The more research I have done, the more I feel like there is no good solution for 6 foot ceilings. I would like to find a high quality 5.1 system and I'm open to any ideas even if it is a 2.1 system that will sound cleaner. I'm trying to narrow down what type of speakers will perform best given the situation and knowing how bad of an impact 6 foot ceilings have on sound waves, I see that the B&W floor standing speakers are overkill. So I am wondering how Bose In-Wall Virtually Invisible 691 would do or If I need to find something even smaller.

I'd appreciate any insight on the matter.

Attachments

• Into.jpg
    Into.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 15
  • OutOf.jpg
    OutOf.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 16

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Will you ’close off’ the open wall to create a room with four walls?

Are you planning around a TV or Projector and what seating layout are you planning?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom