Question Solovox F6S help wanted please

AshleyG

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hope I'm not breaking any site rules with this post - I did read them but you never can be sure.

I bought an Openbox V8S, which worked to a point - I was informed there may be a mis-match error. I then bought a Solovox F6S, but I'm having trouble understanding how to install channels.

Any help is much appreciated.

Ash

What channels are you trying to install? If it is subscription channels without a valid paid for viewing card then we will not assist with theft of pay TV.

AshleyG Tell the truth to every one here, did the item include English instructions, or how much time have you spent looking on youtube

What channels are you trying to install? If it is subscription channels without a valid paid for viewing card then we will not assist with theft of pay TV.
I'm looking to use the Solovox to record programmes.

AshleyG Tell the truth to every one here, did the item include English instructions, or how much time have you spent looking on youtube
Being truthful to everyone, there were no instructions and I've searched on Google and Youtube, though after so long you get frustrated. I thought a forum would be my best shot, which is why I'm here.

I bought an Openbox V8S, which worked to a point - I was informed there may be a mis-match error.

The mind boggles.... what is this error and who informed you it may be happening? :D

I tried updating the firmware and a mismatch error message appeared. I am lead to believe this means I have a 'clone' or a fake machine, even though it worked well to start with - EPG list and channels worked.

I know what you're thinking: 'Why update the firmware if it works?' Having the most up-to-date firmware meant I could edit the channel list via USB transferring a ready-made channel list file, rather than spend hours using the remote.

AshleyG You are telling world class porkies, I looked on Youtube my self.
In under 30 seconds I found numerous videos that clearly showed you how to do a channel Scan

AshleyG You are telling world class porkies, I looked on Youtube my self.
In under 30 seconds I found numerous videos that clearly showed you how to do a channel Scan
In these videos, were the options that allow the user to scan for channels greyed-out? Well that's the problem I have, even after a factory reset. That's why I'm not telling world class, mediocre or sub-par porkies.

I think it's related to an openbox - the remote is identical

Did you purchase this box with a built in capacity to receive subscription channels? If so then it is possible the seller has doctored the software in the box to prevent altering settings.

If so then it is possible the seller has doctored the software in the box to prevent altering settings.

Possible, but rather unlikely... It would mean the seller was responsible for channel updates on all their clients...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom