Solomon Kane Blu Ray

the id

Blu-ray Disc release of Solomon Kane on 28th June 2010. James Purefoy stars as Solomon Kane in this fantasy action-adventure directed by Michael J. Bassett.

No final details of cover so just info on the disc.

• Commentaries by Michael J Bassett & James Purefoy
  • Video Introduction by Michael J Bassett
  • The Making of Solomon Kane
  • Montage Clip
  • Interviews with Producers Samuel Hadida & Paul Berrow, Director Michael J Bassett, actor James Purefoy and composer Klaus Badelt
  • Deleted scene: cave fight
  • Special Effects: the creation of the Fire Demon
  • Artworks by Greg Staples

I hope Entertainment in Video do the film justice on Blu-Ray.
No details on picture and sound at present.
I'm sold on the movie but no reviews of the Blu-Ray yet, have the film on order though and optimistic the transfer is ok!

War

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
996b41e4.jpg

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
Mine was dispatched yesterday by HMV. I've seen an HD rip of this and the black levels were poor, so here's hoping the BD isn't affected.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Enjoyed the film at the cinema, the start confrontation was great in the treasue room, looking forward to getting the blu.

the id

Mine was dispatched yesterday by HMV. I've seen an HD rip of this and the black levels were poor, so here's hoping the BD isn't affected.

My HMV order also dispatched yesterday...fingers crossed for Saturday evening 'Puritanical' movie viewing. :)

Thx for the cover pic 'raigraphixs'. :smashin:

War

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Play sent mine yesterday too along with The Lovely Bones, Not seen either but looking forward to both :clap:

Crap EIV cover strikes again, What happened to the original artwork :confused:

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Agreed, That's much better. The EIV cover looks like a cheapo direct to cable flick starring Lou Diamond Phillips.

BAN5HEE

Great Movie really enjoyed it. I wonder if HMV will do an exclusice that might have some better cover art...

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
Arrived today, good old HMV. Extras appear to mirror list given in the id's initial post. Cover isn't that bad in person. Either that, or I'm distracted by all the goodies that came today:
36983_10150201372460472_787930471_1.jpg

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Top haul RS, If you've not seen Fringe before you're gonna love it, Top show and looks exceptional on Blu.

Wasn't a bad movie at all.
Although he looked a lot like Van Helsing, even without the overcoat & hat.

CrazyHorse

Wasn't a bad movie at all.
Although he looked a lot like Van Helsing, even without the overcoat & hat.

I commented to a friend when that farce of a film came out that Van Helsing looked a lot like Solomon Kane, so I'd say it was the other way round.

I agree though, I enjoyed Kane quite a bit.

I commented to a friend when that farce of a film came out that Van Helsing looked a lot like Solomon Kane, so I'd say it was the other way round.

I agree though, I enjoyed Kane quite a bit.

But in movie sense, Van Helsing came first.:D

Leumas_10

The yellow cover reminds me of the Mongol artwork. Rented this at the weekend, there is some seriously dodgy acting going on in parts but to be honest I quite enjoyed it anyway. Watched it the day after Book of Eli and actually found it more of a watch than that.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
Whats the PQ/SQ like? Not seen the movie yet but LoveFilm don't have it to rent on blu ray (DVD only :confused:) so not sure if i should wait or just get the DVD...

Richard

Distinguished Member
Watched my copy last night.

Quite a good film really.

Wasn't sure what to make of the picture quality. Seemed a bit washed out to me. Not sure if that's intentional though?

For a dark film the blacks did seem pretty grey.

There are some wonderful moments in the film audio wise. Towards the start there's probably the best room filling scene I've ever heard.

Audio is top notch at the start and end with some great surround effects but a bit disappointing in the middle of the film.

bfrench

I just watched this and noticed that the packaging says 1.85:1 but it is in fact
2.35:1 which was a nice surprise as I have a scope screen :thumbsup:

mazon27091

I saw this one at the cinema, and it looked so much better on Bluray. The cinema showing was softer and had less detail. The sound is excellent on the Bluray too. Rather good commentary from the Director and James Purefoy (reminded me of the old John Carpenter/Kurt Russell ones).:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022