Solo Music volume

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Cassandra, May 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Cassandra

Cassandra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    When I first bought my Solo, I noticed that the volume went all the way up to 99. Since it's blisteringly loud at 50, that wasn't much of a concern.

However, I have an output that seems to be at a very low level for the Solo, and as such I tried to crank the volume up today. It only went as far as 72. I can only assume that the maximum changed with the 2.1 firmware upgrade. Does anyone know why and how, and if my Solo really does have a lower maximum volume now?

Thanks.

2. Cassandra

Cassandra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone got any idea? If people could even tell me their fw version and maximum volume, that'd at least give me some idea if my Solo was just being weird.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    I have read through all of the software release notes from version 1.4 onwards and there does not seem to be any mention of any changes to the way the volume scale functions. You caould contact Arcam directly who may be able to tell why the change was made, however if it is not something that bothers you then there is not really any need.