• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Solo Movie 5.1 HDMI issue

D

Dods1903

Hello

I have Sky HD and the Sky HDMI input and it works fine. it also works fine via the Aux HDMI input.

I also have a Panasonic DMR-EX95VEBS that will not work via either HDMI input on the Arcam.

The DMR does work direct into the tv or via my external HDMI switcher (OneTask 1:4) outputting to the TV or Projector.

I have swapped the cables just in case.

Unfortuantely I do not have a third HDMI device to test.

Any ideas? :lease:

Thanks in advance (It's doing my head in).

Dods1903

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
The best person to speak to would be the dealer you purchased it from. If you take it into them with your DVD recorder they will be able to test various combinations and determine where the issue lies. They will also be able to install the latest software verion which may help to resolve the issue.

rich521

I had a similar problem with a Panasonic DMR77. My dealer and Arcam sorted it out, by my Solo did have to go back to Arcam. Now 100% HDMI pass through success.

Eddie B

Standard Member
If your solo movie does need a software update to sort the problem the dealer might want to send it back to Arcam, but they don't have to they're just being lazy:) they should have an update disk in the store and if not they can download it via their dealer website. :smashin:

Eddie B

Standard Member
P.S. I see that your Panasonic unit outputs at 1080p, might be worth checking to see if the Solo can pass through a 1080p signal because the dvd's max resolution output is 1080i..

rich521

Just to advise that software updates did not solve my hdmiproblem, but Arcam did when they had the solo back, it was returned quickly as well.

D

Dods1903

Thanks folks.

I did the software upgrade myself but as mentioned, this has not fixed the issue.

Looks like it's going back to Arcam to fix.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom