RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom.co.uk

Re-release links: HMV - Zoom.co.uk

Release date: 24/09/2018 (Re-release: 24/08/2020)

solo_4k-jpg.1040461

Re-release:
Solo.jpg

Steelbook option, thread: Solo: A Star Wars Story (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/2D/3D Blu-ray Steelbooks)

Attachments

• Solo_4K.jpg
    Solo_4K.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,516
  • Solo_4K (back cover).jpg
    Solo_4K (back cover).jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
OP updated with confirmed artwork/back cover/release date :)

Last edited:
4 months seems about right, rare anything is released any sooner that that over here but Fox does have a habit of releasing titles after 3 months in the US.

Saw on twitter yesterday Gary Whitta (Rogue One screenwriter) saying he's getting this but wondered where Rogue One 4k is at. If he doesn't know then gawd help the rest of us.

Interestingly enough, he did confirm that he and Gareth Edwards had seen A New Hope in 4k at the skywalker ranch. I mean, I don't care what version of it that was I just want star wars in 4k.

wow, little or no discussion on this one, i know it has mixed opinions but i thought there would be a bit more traffic in this thread!!

I thought it was alright and probably enjoyed it more than TLJ but I am in no way eager to watch it again and will likely pick it up second hand in October/November.

Yeah film was good, bit gutted they've stopped the spin offs, rogue one is best period imo

You can tell how many people saw this, by the lack of grumpy old men whinging about it in this thread.

I've pre-ordered it, it's the first Star Wars film that I've stayed awake during since TFA.

Last edited:
You can tell how many people saw this, by the lack of grumpy old men whinging about it in this thread.

I've pre-ordered it, it's the first Star Wars film that I've stayed awake during since TLJ.
It’s the only SW film since TLJ.

Ssssssshhhh, I've non-stealthily stealth edited what I actually meant. :laugh:

Pre-ordered it, had some amazon credit to lessen the sting of their prices. Grumpy old man present and incorrect.

still not seen it - looking forward to watching it though! Didnt enjoy TLJ but thats only the 2nd movie in a Franchise of 10 (i think) that i havent really enjoyed).

wow, little or no discussion on this one, i know it has mixed opinions but i thought there would be a bit more traffic in this thread!!
This post popped into my head this morning - I was thinking there seems to have been so little publicity about the home release of this. Which is in keeping with the late in the day theatrical advertising 'campaign'.

Reviews of the UHD have started to appear and it seems for once they haven't screwed up the audio.

The email notification of your post I got was a little different to your post above, I'm more happy with the correction :)

Serves me for not spell checking before hitting Post.

So the review I just looked at said this has a 4K DI so that is good, but I also see that it was filmed in a mix of 3.6 and 6.5k. Why do they do this, why not film the whole thing in 6.5K? Whats the purpose of only doing some of it?
Use of different cameras with different resolutions and different physical sizes with different lenses costing different amounts of money to buy or rent used for different purposes perhaps. Imdb shows:
ARRI ALEXA 65, ARRI Rental Prime DNA Lenses
Arri Alexa Mini
Arri Alexa XT Plus, CamTec Falcon Full Frame Lenses

Look at the difference in the physical sizes of the camera. The Alexa mini can go places and be used for things the Alexa65 can't. The Alexa Mini shoots at 3.2K (but can be upscaled to 4K), the Alexa 65 at 6K

alexa_family_header.jpg

The Alexa65 seems to be only available for rental from Arri itself so there may also be a factor of limited numbers available for use. So perhaps lots of movies being made at the same time using a limited pool of cameras may come into it ARRI Rental | ALEXA 65

Last edited:
This is a rare example Of a UK release before the US - officially that is - it’s only a day but I’ll take it ;)

I saw this twice at the cinema, I really enjoyed it but I’ll be picking up the Blu this time for a tenner less (or £9 less with Zoom code)
I can’t see the 4K UHD adding much to the presentation given how it was shot.
I’ll probably be proven wrong though, by many people :p

Zoom customers should have it next week anyway, Sorry Mario.

Was about to post the same thing, if the UK release was not until the middle of October then I would have probably imported a copy but its likely Zoom will start delivering copies next Friday and I doubt they will arrive from Mario before then.

My copy from Mario will definitely arrive before next Friday if my previous orders are anything to go by but tbh I didn't realise when I ordered the UK release was so soon so yeah probably should have waited

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom