Solidstate camcorders : Stablilisation

fraggle

Hi all,

Trying to find a MPEG4 solid state camcorder that has Image Stabilisation (there's a few of those about) BUT applies IS to the external video input.

Ideally I don't even need the camera parts on the recorder, a black box that I pipe video into (from a bullet cam) would be ideal (but probably 10 x more expensive :( )

ush flynn

image stabilisation is either done my a lens before the sensor, or my the sensor. i cant see a cam having the software to be able to stabilise through a video input

fraggle

image stabilisation is either done my a lens before the sensor, or my the sensor. i cant see a cam having the software to be able to stabilise through a video input

I know there's two types as you say, mechanical (optical) and the other is done in software.

The software type crops the image taken from the full sensor, so what you see is maybe 95% of the full image, and the margins give the software some scope to move the viewport around in the whole image.

So, I can't see no reason why the software type of IS can't be used on an external video input, I just can't find out the specs to double check!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom