• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Solid wall - best fixing method for 42" plasma

tojo

Established Member
Hello All,

Just wanted some advice on mounting my bracket for 42" plasma. House is 1890's, wall is internal but not lathe and plaster. Seems to be solid - done a load of exploratory holes but not certain what its made of - best guess brick although it seems to have a solid metal piece running width of it (according to pipe/stud/electric detector...)

What do you think would be the best way to fix my bracket to the wall? Was originally going to mount it direct to wall but have noticed some people have fixed wood to wall first - is that just for Breeze block or is it best practice?

Cheers

wiz

Distinguished Member
Hello All,

Just wanted some advice on mounting my bracket for 42" plasma. House is 1890's, wall is internal but not lathe and plaster. Seems to be solid - done a load of exploratory holes but not certain what its made of - best guess brick although it seems to have a solid metal piece running width of it (according to pipe/stud/electric detector...)

What do you think would be the best way to fix my bracket to the wall? Was originally going to mount it direct to wall but have noticed some people have fixed wood to wall first - is that just for Breeze block or is it best practice?

Cheers
I'd use screws, but you could try no nails!!!:rotfl::D:rotfl:

...sorry I couldn't resist, it is Friday!!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom