Solid oak TV unit?

stiscooby

Novice Member
I am in the process of "trying" to find a TV cabinet that I like, I have found one which was ideal apart from when I got the dimensions of the storage areas I found my AMP and DVD player will not fit - bugger!!

This is the unit - Brittany Oak TV Unit from The Furniture Barn

I would like a solid oak one, in the same type of style as the one in the link above....

Can anyone recommend any similar units? It needs to house my Denon 1910 AMP, XBox, Sky & DVD player.

Failing that I would have to look at getting one made but I'm finding it hard to find someone who could make one?

DarkMatter33

Novice Member
Another vote for Chunky Monkey from me to. They will make you a bespoke cabinet to your exact measurements so you can be sure of ample room for cooling etc.

They mostly do pine, but they can do oak as well.

They are waxing mine in a darker grey type of wax to give it more of an oak look. I will post some pictures of it when I get it in the next week or two.

stiscooby

Novice Member
Another vote for Chunky Monkey from me to. They will make you a bespoke cabinet to your exact measurements so you can be sure of ample room for cooling etc.

They mostly do pine, but they can do oak as well.

They are waxing mine in a darker grey type of wax to give it more of an oak look. I will post some pictures of it when I get it in the next week or two.

Thanks - I would be very interested in seeing some pics when you get in :smashin:

Member 492970

Novice Member
Hi
Has anybody ever had issues with the timber moving on a solid cabinet, the reason I ask is that in view of the amount of heat generated by most AV equipment I am surprised that these cabinets dont twist or warp over time?
We have always produced cabinets out of MDF board with real wood veneer as my experience with solid timber over the years hasn't been 100% stable.
Any feedback from somebody that has a cabinet 2 / 3 years old would be much appreciated.

Simon

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom