• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Solid floor solutions

tt1

Standard Member
Hi, i'll be setting up my first home cinema in my new place when i move in and i'm looking for advice as i'm unsure on the best option for me.

The room is 22ft long by 13ft wide and has flat/flush walls ie no chimney breast or other intrusions. The TV (42PX80B + sky HD) will be in a corner and we'll (probably) be sitting against a wall about half way down the 22ft length of the room. The room has solid oak flooring and i'm not too keen on the thought of running wires around the edge as it will look a mess and really bug me.

With this in mind, i didn't know if i should go with a sound bar like the Yamaha YSP-800 or a 2.1 System like the Philips HTS6510 (i've not really looked into these yet, is the Philips any good? It certainly looks the part!).
Or should i go with something like the Panasonic PT860 with the wireless rear speaker unit (SH-FX67) as i’ll have no problems connecting the rears together and plugging them into a power socket.
Are there any other wireless systems or solutions you'd recommend?

cunny678

Distinguished Member
If the walls are external you could try drilling holes in the walls and running the speaker cables outside along the wall and then back in where the speakers are positioned!

Chris:)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom