1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soldier of Fortune II

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by backtothefuture, Mar 19, 2003.

1. backtothefuture

backtothefuture

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IS it just me or is this game bl**dy hard and one has to replay a level about 10 times to get through ...

only thing's that keeping me going are the graphics that are so darn good ...

I'm still not even halfway through...

still on the 'find the rebel camp' mission in the jungle somewhere ...

don't think I'll have patience to continue since there are loads of other games waiting to be played (Warrior Kings, Nightfire, C&C Renegade, No One Lives Forever 2 !!)...might have to use cheats to finish it :D

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the A.I. is fantastic, really hard! Well worth it though. My fav. weapon the sniper rifle, and (AK-47?) Amazing graphics. Take your time going through the jungle- if you run about like a headless chicken you get blasted!

That bit with the pill box took a while to get past.

2 player network is great- I was using a knife or pistol, mate was using all the heavy weapons and I was still thrashing him!!:D Using good tactics.

3. VintageMark

VintageMark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been quite a while since I completed SOFII... I do remember I throughly enjoyed myself though! Very good game... didnt think it was that hard myself... a couple of annoying "routes" to find though...

As to your other games... I've completed NOLF2... and that too was a superb game... never played the first one... but I can tell you I think NOLF2 was harder than SOFII! I had to cheat just to solve one level on NOLF2....

All good fun though!

4. backtothefuture

backtothefuture

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rolleyes: oh dear not another hard game....

5. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    NOLF2 - Superb!
    Started playing Delta Force BHD today. Initial impressions are good. Online mutiplayer seems to be great fun too.
    Stick with SOFII it maybe hard but that's what makes it rewarding when you've finished.
    Finished Unreal2 last week - what a let down. Nice eye candy but not much else. I think it's an expensive advert for the unreal engine and we've footed the bill.

roll on DoomIII in the summer:devil:

6. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,455
    borrowed this off a friend today but were is the gore ?

he just dumped a load of cds on me and no instructions - how do i get the gore ?

is it part of a patch ?

7. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    If I remember correctly you can install the game with or without gore, either that or you have to swith gore "on" in the game menu.

8. Puz

Puz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Gah, that bit just after the Pillbox I've been to twice ( I removed it the last time in frustration ) and now again I'm stuck there. Way to hard and I've been playing FPS's since Quake... Bah.. Must be getting old

9. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :laugh:

:clap:

10. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,344
    Duncan I loaded it up yesterday and the gore is there, I cut one blokes throat and the blood squirted out. Also if you shoot the enemy in the legs you start limping, or in the chest blood covers their clothing and thy lay in a pool of blood. There was an option on loading the game for the gore.

Qurestion on the training mission how the heck do you get into the hut that is guarded I managed to sneak around to the door without being seen. then I cannot get the doors open the guard comes back and I have to start afresh.

I got to the train station though on the first mission so far. I though the truck drive made a nice beak.

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,344
    An other question on SOF when I choose the sniper rifel my targeting cross goes, So I take it that you can use the scope to zoom in on things to target, so how do you get to use the scope???

12. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,344
    I found out how to do it, under the keyboard and mouse controls it states Alt/Mouse button 3 for alternative weapon, even though I had tried to use them it still would not let me so I went to the line that states the above, highlighted it and pressed the Alt button, exited. This time during the game it worked.

13. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You found how to do it?

Cheeky so and so!

I have the PM to prove Garrett asked for my help! :laugh:

I demand a apology. A easter egg will do! :p

14. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,344
    I had been looking there but you did say quote “I think I had to mess around in the keyboard/mouse config.” :smashin: I went back and messed around some more.:rolleyes: I think my above explanation will help anyone who has had trouble with this feature.

Post a question and waits over a day to get a reply, and resorts to PMing for help.
    Post an answer I get jumped on in 2 minutes.

I’m not going to give you an Easter egg but you can have the chocolates inside.:p Thanks for the help Nathen.;)