1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soldering/Repairs to Audiolab 8000 Phono's (LEEDS)

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by davidmbell, Mar 8, 2005.

1. davidmbell

davidmbell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Leeds/Bradford (depends which side of the road I'm
    Ratings:
    +24
    I am wanting someone to replace all the phono connectors in my Audiolab 8000A. I've bought the replacement sockets, just need someone I trust and that's competent enough to do it without screwing my amp.

Can anyone suggest anyone (person/company) in the Leeds/Bradford area that might be able to do this without wanting a spare limb to do it (price wise).

Cheers in advance

David

2. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    David,

Not in Leeds but Bicester way - try kevingreen@tesco.net; I'd trust him with any bit of Audiolab kit.

Regards,

Derek

3. davidmbell

davidmbell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Leeds/Bradford (depends which side of the road I'm
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks for that, but oddly enough that's actually where its going. A nice bloke on the forum is taking his amp down there to be fixed and has offered to take mine down with himto get fixed, so mine will be done too. BRILL.

This forum saves the day - AGAIN

Thanks

David

4. Spen69

Spen69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya Derek - how's tricks?

I bet you can't guess what kind forum member who lives near Leeds is dropping in to see Kevin tommorrow with Davids amp :rotfl:

I hope you picked up a bargain in these sales by the way - I've landed a DVD32R finally and amongst other things :thumbsup:

Now, what to do with my spare CDT20R-T2L then..... :D

Cheers - Spencer

5. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hi Spencer,

Fine thanks, give my regards to Kevin - and watch out for lurking lamp posts :oops: !

I watched the feeding frenzy with envy as I saw items I owned going for bargain prices :mad: . I have a 100x4. My AV32DP lacks the bp, but I can live with that. My DVD32 Top Loader lacks PSM - but I didn't see any for peanuts. Appreciate I can get a FL+PSM for £1900 and no doubt improve the picture but since I am 90% music it doesn't seem a good move.

So the deals were passing me by - until temptation (the one thing I can't resist) came along in the form of a 250x2. Bought the silver one :D , some other smug soul has the black one.

I'll be in touch by email.

Have fun, Derek