1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale SOLD: KEF R300 pair in walnut

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by mjwolf, Dec 16, 2017.

1. mjwolf

mjwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a pair of R300's in walnut for sale. Cosmetically in very good/excellent condition. One of the speakers has some hairline marks on the top, and the other has one small ding on the front edge. Both unnoticeable unless you're looking, but I've tried to capture them in the photo's. The drivers are unmarked, and the speakers sound great.

Comes with original packing and documentation, and the two-piece bungs. Collection preferred, so that the buyer can see and hear the speakers working, but I will also post. I want to get back the price that I paid for them, so no offers I'm afraid.

IMG_20171216_133452.jpg IMG_20171216_133507.jpg IMG_20171216_133525.jpg IMG_20171216_133607.jpg IMG_20171216_133616.jpg

Price and currency: £620 collected/ £640 delivered
    Delivery: Delivery cost within the UK is included
    Payment method: Bank transfer or cash on collection
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. haujobbz

haujobbz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    How do these compare to the LS50

3. mjwolf

mjwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've actually had both at the same time and compared them back to back. The R300's are warmer, with more of a cohesive sound. The LS50s exhibit greater separation between instruments, are quicker and brighter. As my brother said, who listened to them with me, the R300s are more of a hi-fi speaker, and the LS50s more of a monitor style speaker. Which one is better is a matter of personal preference.

4. haujobbz

haujobbz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Exactly what I thought , i was curious about R300 as I am in the process of buying the LS50 for a small room using a decent amp As I hear the LS50 work better on high powered amps . I prefer a quicker brighter sound greater separation so I guess I’m making the right choice as I demoed the LS50 the other day at audio T and I was amazed how good they were coming from someone who’s owned 6 figure speakers

5. mjwolf

mjwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sounds like you're making the right choice. The R300s are definitely more "laid back" than the LS50s. Have you also considered the Technics SB c700's? I have my eye on them based on reviews, but have yet to hear them. What HiFi slated them for being harsh etc, but for someone who found the LS50s with full bung in a bassy (yes, I'm a treble freak) they might be just what I need.

6. haujobbz

haujobbz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Wow those Technics sound amazing , just checked a review on the reputable Stereophile

Vs. the KEF LS50: The KEF LS50 is a stand/desk-mounted minimonitor that has earned itself "reference" status in the listening rooms of countless reviewers, myself included, and is listed in Class A (Restricted Extreme LF) of Stereophile's "Recommended Components." Compared to the Technics SB-C700, the KEF LS50 sounds noticeably slower and a tiny bit less transparent. The SB-C700 was more dynamic, with more slam and startle factor, and was lighter on its feet. The Technics went lower and presented a wider spectrum of bass detail than the KEF, as well as more clean air between singers and their mikes.
    Read more at Technics Premium Class SB-C700 loudspeaker Page 2

7. Riksta73

Riksta73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Fantastic speakers, have a bump on me! Merry Xmas all!

8. mjwolf

mjwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Post-Christmas bump.

9. mjwolf

mjwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Now £640 including next day delivery via DPD.

10. mjwolf

mjwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sold.