1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solarising effect on Sony KF42SX200

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by grumpycamel, Oct 19, 2005.

1. grumpycamel

grumpycamel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Sony KF42SX200 just over a year ago and it has suddenly started to give a solarising effect over certain colours especially skin tones around the cheekbones and forehead. It does affect solid block of colour too eg on The Simpsons with browns and deep reds.
    Does anyone know what has caused this to happen and if theres anything I can do to get rid of it ?
    Its just my luck the warranty ran out four weeks ago!
    Grrrr!

2. grumpycamel

grumpycamel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The solarisation seems to be intermittent as in sometimes when I switch the TV on it is present and other times not. It was really bad yesterday on Disney Channel but after switching it off and coming back to it later it was fine. After a few hours the picture was still fine so there goes my theory about it misbehaving after its warmed up. Tried rining a Sony service agent and he said it was 'IC related' which is like saying nothing. Because the TV was so large the call out charge was horrific because two people are needed to get the set back to the service centre.
    Anyone have any dealing with Sony service agents are how good they are including turnaround times ?
    Any useful comments appreciated. Thanks.