1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solarisation problems...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Meggeh, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Meggeh

Meggeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First post! But have been lurking for a while.

Ok, I know that you'll probably tell me "Fancy buying one of those!", but it was a very good offer that I couldn't refuse. I bought a Philips 37PF9946 plasma, and give it a decent signal (good NTL channel or dvd) its fine, pretty impressive even. However, if the signal isnt that good, and under certain viewing conditions (especially faces/flesh tones), solaristaion problems can be quite off-putting.

I would like to know if there are any external decives that could be used to improve this. For example, would a unit to go into the PC type 15 pin input help? Ive seen this at Maplins -

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=37141&TabID=1&WorldID=&doy=14m4

Would this help out?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I dont think that would improve the quality of the signal if your using scart anyway. Are u using a high quality full RGB scart?

3. Meggeh

Meggeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a scart connection from the NTL box to the plasma, not sure if its full RGB tho. Its a cambidge audio - but not an expensive one (richer sounds at about £10). Would a better quality scart connector help much?

4. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Lead should be fine. Check NTL box is set to output RGB and not composite.

5. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    the js converter will do a much better job than the sync blaster ( i have used both).....but don't know if it's philips compatible....the js web site will tell you. www.js-technology.com