1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solarisation and Chroma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by imichael, Jan 22, 2005.

1. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, so we know what they are, we know that higher spec dacs and tuning saturation, brightness and contrast helps to reduce or get rid of them. And for the fortunate, the plasma they own is very good at reducing or removing them.

But for the less fortunate amongst who are still relative newbies, or just not committed adjusters, is there any way to tune these out that applies to all inputs?

For the record I have a Delphi Plasma, Grundig GDS3000 Sky, CA 300 DVD (anyone able to shed light on this? CA and RS don't seem to know anything about the spec, looks like an Azur), Pioneer E55 DVD-R and access to two different 'scalers' (brightview and Iscan Pro).

I have run through DVE on both PAL and NTSC and DVD is v.good for chroma, but then Sky is over bright and produces chroma (through the brightview). Solarisation is a mild issue, and I'm sure better DACs in a higher spec DVD would help, but that doesn't cure sky.

Without the scaler DVD is lower quality and Sky is, well, just normal sky as we all know and love.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how these issues (small but annoying to me) could be tuned out?

Or is my wife going to have to be sent to a health spa for weekend while a new plasma is installed and made to look the same as the old one?

Please save my bank balance and marriage (probably in reverse order).

Ian