Solaris Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Nice review Cas. I did note the frame jump times in my review a while back but you really have to watch out for them! I think I forgot to mention at least one too.

Its a major jump up from the DVD so any fan shouldnt hesitate.

For some reason I've never seen this film but with a 10/10 it's now on my buy list.

For some reason I've never seen this film but with a 10/10 it's now on my buy list.

If you like the likes of Blade Runner, Moon, Gattaca, Silent Running you should love this.

Thanks for the review Cas, i have adored this movie since it came out mainly i guess because i am a big fan of the original, glad i pickup the blu (thanks Jim) as it is a much better than my DVD still it does have it's issues as you have mentioned but its totally worth the price of admission but viewers be warned its a proper thought-provoking slow-moving & cerebral piece of science fiction 10/10.

Regrets I've had a few!

Nice review Cas. I did note the frame jump times in my review a while back but you really have to watch out for them! I think I forgot to mention at least one too.

Its a major jump up from the DVD so any fan shouldnt hesitate.

Oh and it's high time I pointed out that this review likely wouldn't have happened without @Jim Di Griz alerting me to the German release. I'm not sure I'd have noticed the frame jumps without your timecodes either! Thanks Jim.

Ugh...waited all this time, and region B locked!

Sigh.

Oh and it's high time I pointed out that this review likely wouldn't have happened without @Jim Di Griz alerting me to the German release. I'm not sure I'd have noticed the frame jumps without your timecodes either! Thanks Jim.
Im blushing now [emoji6]

Film is worth it for soundtrack alone - I will be getting this on blu ray German import as I doubt a U.K. Disc will ever happen

Only just got round to watching this, im a pretty big sci-fi fan and i love george clooney, and so is/does the Mrs... but my god, what a load of pretentious garbage.

Its a very interesting idea for a story, but its far far far too slow for what actually happens in the movie, lots of close ups of faces doing nothing, some over acting and just nonsense dialogue for the sake of the actors trying to say something without saying something.

Only just got round to watching this, im a pretty big sci-fi fan and i love george clooney, and so is/does the Mrs... but my god, what a load of pretentious garbage.

Its a very interesting idea for a story, but its far far far too slow for what actually happens in the movie, lots of close ups of faces doing nothing, some over acting and just nonsense dialogue for the sake of the actors trying to say something without saying something.
Watch it again.

Oh didn't realise this review was up . Big up out to @Casimir Harlow for the original review and I believe @Jim Di Griz for giving us both the heads up on the GE BD release . Really quite impressed with this as it's a really great package and a substantial upgrade over the DVD release . I'm so so sad as I waited for my new display and then had it calibrated before I watched it :thumbsdow. Not the best of BDs but the best this film has looked :smashin:.

Watch it again.

Would rather watch The Happening every night for a year than watch this again, can see why it's a 6.2 on IMDB, 66% on Rotten and lost money at the cinema.

Fair enough if others like it, but not for me.

Love love love this film... and what a soundtrack. Will it work on my UK player ?

Love love love this film... and what a soundtrack. Will it work on my UK player ?
Works fine and english friendly. Unfortunately the booklet is in German as you would expect. The small poster deserves a frame though.

Do the Digipack and Mediabook cersions contain the same film, transfer and cut? There’s a bit of a difference in the price of them from Germany and I thought it best to check before importing. Haven’t seen this in years!

Do the Digipack and Mediabook cersions contain the same film, transfer and cut? There’s a bit of a difference in the price of them from Germany and I thought it best to check before importing. Haven’t seen this in years!
I havent heard anything different. Actually I didnt know there was two versions! So the one with the poster and book is the mediabook or the digipack?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I ordered the Digipack last night. £19 delivered. Is the PQ not already very good?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom