• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Solar Powered Fence lights

MartinMiller

Anyone got any recommendations for solar powered lights for my garden? Ideally screwed to fence to give at least some light.

Cheers

rongood

Solar lights are never going to be as bright as 240v floods but i think they are ok..... Stops me from tripping up on things when going to the shed or garage.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Just installed one for now. Yep I can recommend these (charge cycle pending).
Switches on from about 25ft so a nice welcome onto the patio. I will install the other to the right and will provide light across the lawn to my garage.

20190204_171954.jpg

20190204_182809.jpg

...needs mowing I know ;)

Last edited:

rongood

I dont think any of the solar charge one's are for on dusk till dawn, they would have to have enormous battery pack to do that and give that amount of light.

stiv674

The Mpow ones have three settings, one is sensor only (twenty seconds activation) and the other two turn the light on at dusk on either a low or medium brightness with the sensor activating the highest level for twenty seconds.

John

I dont think any of the solar charge one's are for on dusk till dawn, they would have to have enormous battery pack to do that and give that amount of light.
Depends if you can get 'into them' . Probably got 600mah rechargeables in them. Swap them out for 2600s and with enough daylight to charge .......

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom