Solar Panels

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here been keeping up with these, I was wondering what the cost was of having these installed nowadays.

Also if there are any decent companies in Essex.

don't know but neighbour had them installed. He was showing me his elec meter going backwards yesterday and has used no gas this month. The connection charge of 20p per day is the most expensive thing on his bill. Think payback period is about 10 years

I had been thinking about getting one or two to try and off set everything I leave on standby during the day.

How long does it take for the installation to have paid for it's self?
Whats the warranty actually like in real world? no good having a 25/10 yr warranty if it turns out you can't claim with the company in years to come and it does not cover much in the first place!

I might be wrong but im pretty sure the meter shouldn't be going backwards.
Found this...
Meters running backwards - Feed-in tariffs explained - Creating an energy saving home - Which? Energy
Some of the old meters do go backwards but you are "supposed" to inform the supplier if they do. I have the old type but mine has a stop on it so can only go back one revolution. My friend who had his fitted the same week goes round and round backwards. He had to put fake readings in during the summer till the meter caught back up in the winter so the supplier wouldn't suspect.
How long does it take for the installation to have paid for it's self?
Whats the warranty actually like in real world? no good having a 25/10 yr warranty if it turns out you can't claim with the company in years to come and it does not cover much in the first place!
Not sure about the warranty sorry but the company that fitted mine are still trading. The FIT isn't quite as good now 16p a unit when I last looked so a longer pay back but as they are cheaper to fit now the payback is still just marginally worth it. I got mine fitted on the higher FIT so I am getting 46p per unit so mine will be paid for by the end of next year despite paying £8k for my install.
Friend of mine just moved to Australia and they are cheap as chips there £2k for the system but then virtually everybody has one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom