Solar panels fitted in dec 2015 but firm in liquidation, any warranty?

Ewinton

Novice Member
Reaction score
We had solar panels fitted in Dec last year, we had been trying to contact them by, phone and email, we then wrote to them and posted by recorded delivery. The letter came back"address has gone away" after some digging we have discovered the Glasgow firm have gone into liquidation. Anybody know how we would stand with our warranty for the installation which was for 2 years??
We have a separate 20 year warranty for the actual solar panel.
Thank

we had solar panels fitted in Dec 2015, we now have a heap of pigeons nesting under our solar panels, anybody else had this problem? How to get rid or them and prevent them from returning??

Check your paperwork, I'm 99% sure that the warranty is covered by an insurance group that you paid to join when you had them fitted.

I asked this very question of my installer of what happened if they want bust, and was told that all installs & warranty have to be insured as so many firms have gone bust and the industry doesnt want to get a bad reputation. Worse case you can ring the different manufactures and get them to fix the different parts if things go wrong

Edit
Getting rid of the pigeons wouldn't be covered (unless it was a result of being poorly fitted) as that is maintenance not a fault.

If the warranty is handled by a seperate company then it may still be honoured. Also if the company was part of a trade organisation then they pick up the warranty.

But if it were just with the company then I should imagine it isn't worth anything now.

Cheers,

Nigel

Edit
Getting rid of the pigeons wouldn't be covered (unless it was a result of being poorly fitted) as that is maintenance not a fault.

i think i would challenge that as 'not being suitable for purpose'.

It's on a roof, where snyone can expect various animals will try to make the panels a home. The design (imho) should cater for prevention of this very common situation arising.

Alan

Shotguns always works well on pigeons but make sure you have a decent aim as last time I took out a TV aerial, next doors chimney and a rogue spuggy that got to close to the field of fire

Go to first post in this this thread, it covers both subjects.

Pigeons nesting under solar panels

Alan

We had pidgeons nest in our 'lean to' rear porche. Decided to let them be for the grankids to observe nature up close.

They produced their young which fledged. Next year they came back so we removed the nest, they rebuilt it several times, i finally i blocked it off with wire mesh.

They spent over a week trying to 'break in' before giving up, but returned every year until we built a conservatory.

They are very persistent in returning, so getting a satisfactory result with roof monted solar panels i fear will be very hard.

Alan

The OP never returned, I guess the pigeons got her.

Da dah daaaa!

Buried in a mountain of droppings that landlide from the roof lol!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom