Solar inverter no display

ade73

Standard Member
Came home from work this evening to be told the solar meter in the kitchen wasn't working (no generation info, either numbers or the rev counter thing)

By this time it was dark so no way to check, but i went in to the loft to see if there was any fault code on the Zeversolar inverter, there wasn't any info as the display wasn't on at all or any LED indicator lights. Is the display supposed to be on even when the solar isn't generating?

Quick google says that this could be the inverter is bust, is there any way i can check this?

We have a 10 year warranty on it so fingers crossed it's covered if it is.

For info we had a power cut yesterday night, could this have had an effect on it?

TIA

Tuono r

Could be, have you tried turning Off all isolators, then turn back on again.
Are the batteries in your solar meter ok.
Normally turning everything off & back on helps.

If this doesn't work then get in touch with Suppliers or manufacturers.

Let us know how you get on.

ade73

Standard Member
Could be, have you tried turning Off all isolators, then turn back on again.
Are the batteries in your solar meter ok.
Normally turning everything off & back on helps.

If this doesn't work then get in touch with Suppliers or manufacturers.

Let us know how you get on.
The batteries are fine the meter is on but it was showing as noting being generated.

Tried turning the isolation switch next to the consumer board in the garage off and on again (5 minutes going by the instruction manual), still nothing, tried flicking the RCA switch on the consumer board a few time still nothing.

Went in the loft and turned both isolators off and on again (5 minute wait) and the switch on the bottom side of the inverter, again nothing.

Went back to the garage and gave the switch in there another go and the generation meter showed it was generating.

Came in from work the next evening to be told it had gone off again.

Went in the loft and this time there was a red LED and the error code 35.

Suppliers don't do installations anymore but gave me the number of the guy who did the electric part of the work, manufactures website has a message stating they ceased operations the end of 2019 but email contact form submitted.

They replied a couple of days later saying they would send a new inverter but would need our vat number, told them we didn't have one as we're not a business. They said they need either a VAT or EORI number to ship in to the UK after brexit. (this might just have been a way for them to try and get out of sending one or backheeling any admin or extra tariffs to us)

After a couple of days going through a lot of government stuff and getting passed between different departments i finally got the answer that i didn't need anything, i wouldn't be held responsible for any duty/import etc when it came and passed all the relevant info to them and they said they would send one out, a day later received an email saying it had been shipped. (a quick google shows they are not the quickest at sending stuff out so expect a few weeks wait)

Good job this has happened in winter when the generation is right down.

Spoke to a couple of our neighbours who have had solar for longer than us and they haven't had any problems with their inverters. :(

Tuono r

ade, it looks like you maybe getting somewhere at last.
Let us know how it goes.
Hope you can get the original Guy back to fit the new inverter when it arrives.

Our inverter here, has a ten year guarantee, but manufacturer has ceased trading. So the certificate is not worth the paper its printed on.
It may look like more of this will be turning up as time goes on, as original manufacturers goes bust.
PS. Unless the Original comp asks for the old Inverter back, you keep it, just in case it can be repaired if ever the need arises. You just never know.
I used a Guy to repair many circuit systems for me.

Last edited:

ade73

Standard Member
ade, it looks like you maybe getting somewhere at last.
Let us know how it goes.
Hope you can get the original Guy back to fit the new inverter when it arrives.

Our inverter here, has a ten year guarantee, but manufacturer has ceased trading. So the certificate is not worth the paper its printed on.
It may look like more of this will be turning up as time goes on, as original manufacturers goes bust.
PS. Unless the Original comp asks for the old Inverter back, you keep it, just in case it can be repaired if ever the need arises. You just never know.
Tuono r

Our inverter company has ceased operations but they have to abide by the warranty so yours could well be the same (don't know if we will get the same make or a different one or even a refurbed unit) looking online the failure seems to be relays that can be replaced if you follow the instructions on YouTube and are competent at soldering, so I will be keeping the old unit and see if the electrician can do it so I have a back up for the future.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom