Software Upgrade Problem

marvinwright1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a Samsung HD box and when Sky push the latest software version my remote control stops being able to control the box, when I try to control the box the led does not flash on the box like it normally would, luckily I have a magic eye in another room which I can use. The only way to fix this is to force a software download which seems to pull back an earlier version.

What should I do about this ? I assume at some point the software that sky are trying to force on me will become the standard and the force download wont cure the problem.

Has anyone come across this problem before ?

Thanks,

Marvin.

Just tried a forced update to go back to the previous version of the software since sky again sent me the latest and now it seems they have made the latest stable version of the EPG 40.0.14.1 which is the version where my remote stops controlling the sky box.
Now I'm going to have a fight with Sky to explain that its the EPG on my box and not a hardware fault.
Damn!

I've managed to resolve this myself.
I had a quick search on Sky's site and came across this to reset the skyhd control.

Reset Sky remote control to operate the Sky+ box:

Place the Sky Remote Control on a flat surface such as the floor or a coffee table.
Press the tv button.
Press the select button and the yellow button together until the light at the top of the Navigator flashes twice.
Press number 1.
Press select and the red light will flash twice.
Press the sky button to return to Sky mode.

Strange why I needed to do this on the new EPG.
Anyway I'm happy now :D

Marvin

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom