1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Updates (Again!)

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Andy_61, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Andy_61

Andy_61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, All.

I've read a lot about the software update debate in this forum, and have the following to say.

My recently supplied AVR300 unit came with v2.82, so I contacted my supplier who said they'd happily send it back to Arcam (and, no, they did not feel competent enough to do it themselves) to get it upgraded to 3.08; however, I'd be without my new toy for about a week or so, taking into account my ability to get over to the supplier when they're open and I'm not at work.

Arcam, however told the supplier that there is very little difference between the two versions, and, while they would upgrade the unit, they would not recommend it at the moment, as it's not worth it.

I guess what I'm after is a list of faults in v2.82 that are fixed by 3.08; this will then helpinform the decision, so if anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.

By the way, can anyone tell me how to find out what software version I hold on my equally new DV79?

Thanks for your time, guys!

2. Davedee

Davedee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I contacted Arcam and they provided me with the software upgrade with the usual proviso of having an up to date spec PC and null modem cable. Of course you have to be moderately PC literate. The instructions are fairly simple. Included was a doc showing a full list of all the changes made by the upgrade. I found I lost all the amp settings so I suggest you take a note of these first.