Software updated

C

const1112

Software updated:
Manufacturer Software:7.10.0
Component Software :1.0.16
Platform Configuration: 230
no cosmetic changes.

Anyone else with this problem -- I changed the Feedback setting and the upgrade came down.

Anyone else with this problem -- I changed the Feedback setting and the upgrade came down.

Mine stalled at the end of downloading. Swiched off and on using rear power switch and it rebooted.

Found one important difference:

The "details"option on the information plate now has further details and for series there is now an option to go direct to previous episodes shown as a thumbnail.

EPG loading seems a lot faster,

Minor change appears to be more responsive programme up/down with no stalling if you go too fast over channels displaying MHEG still caption slides or low bandwith channels like BBC Parliament.

They seem to have upgraded the EPG server as not only does it load faster, available programmes are showing up as playable on the backwards EPG sooner, now shortly after they end.

The "Details" page on the info plate includes a generic description of the series as well as the episode details. For some programmes there are still thumbnail photos from the episode.

IGNORE: Powered off and on cured it and produced an update.

Just noticed that the sw update removed the feedback group line in setup. Must have been there just for trialists?

Last edited:
Just noticed that the sw update removed the feedback group line in setup. Must have been there just for trialists?

Yes it was. I noticed it had been removed. The trial T&C have also been removed.

Yes it was. I noticed it had been removed. The trial T&C have also been removed.

They never explained what that feedback line was for ......

Are you also included in the TalkTalk box trial?

They never seemed to make use of the feedback setting at all. I thought it might be for downloads to different boxes, for instance the TalkTalk box or the Humax box. I wasn't on the TalkTalk trial, not having TT as my ISP. I did fiddle around with the Feedback setting several times, to see if anything would change, so that may be why it seemed to affect the recent upgrade.

Then again, it could just be a coincidence. :)

The TalkTalk box trial isn't confined to TT customers or those planning to be ........;)

Ah. I assumed it was.

I saw mention of the YouView trial purely by accident, and signed up for it hoping for a free PVR. I never heard of YouView before I went on the trial.

I've been looking forward to YouView for a long, long time. I was getting fed up paying over £30 a month for subscription TV with both Sky and Virgin Media and in the end bought a Freeview HD PVR. YouView then announced the trial, I applied and was thrilled to be accepted as a trialist.

YouView is getting better and better and with the release on the Humax Freesat <freetime> box I am hoping a little competition will accelerate the development of the YouView platform.

Hopefully YouView will send us a major software release later this month which will include some extras like folders.

plaxy said:
Ah. I assumed it was.

I saw mention of the YouView trial purely by accident, and signed up for it hoping for a free PVR. I never heard of YouView before I went on the trial.

That the way i got on the trail as well

I've been looking forward to YouView for a long, long time. I was getting fed up paying over £30 a month for subscription TV with both Sky and Virgin Media and in the end bought a Freeview HD PVR.

Both?? Why both of them?

I can't say I was thrilled with YouView, although I did find it very interesting being on the trial and learning about all these plans for the future which I had no idea about, such as switching off OTA broadcasts.

The YouView box itself seemed to me when I received it, and still seems to me, stuck in a timewarp as far as the PVR facilities go. I much prefer my 5-year-old Sony DVD/HDD Recorder, but alas that's SD only.

Hopefully YouView will send us a major software release later this month which will include some extras like folders.

Maybe. They were careful not to mention a timeline for the next software upgrade, which makes me think it could be longer than that. Could be nearer to xmas.

Last edited:
Both?? Why both of them?
Lol, not at the same time! Was with Sky, then moved to Virgin Media. Tried the new TiVo, hated it (even though I loved the series one TiVo) and moved to Freeview.

I find YouView very current - particularly the way it intelligently records a series using +1 channels (and 5* for Channel 5) if there is a clash. It works much better than my 3View PVR. All it lacks are a few bells and whistles like folders, padding, and manual selection of output - but these appear to be coming in a future upgrade.

A lot of PVRs have a pretty awful user interface, YouView scores here too - the interface looks very nice and the integration of catch-up and on-demand is well implemented.

Have you noticed the way it shows episodes available on-demand when you press the Info button and move to Details/More Episodes? That came with the latest software update and is seriously cool!

That's the way it goes -- what pleases one does not please another. I don't like the YouView UI myself. C'est la vie.

uk1 said:
Not quite ...... the Humax trial has. ...... but the TalkTalk one has started this week.

Correction the Youview trial has ended, Humax may have provided our boxes, but it was youview that conducted the trail.

Correction the Youview trial has ended, Humax may have provided our boxes, but it was youview that conducted the trail.

Sorry. You are wrong! Youview trial has not ended. As I said ......

1. Youview trial of the Humax box has ended.

2. Youview are now trialing the TalkTalk box.

3. I trialed the Humax box.

4. Now I'm trialing the TalkTalk box.

5. I'm not and never will be a TalkTalk customer. YouView sent the box.

I hope this is now clear ............:)

Last edited:
uk1 said:
Sorry. You are wrong! Youview trial has not ended. As I said ......

1. Youview trial of the Humax box has ended.

2. Youview are now trialing the TalkTalk box.

3. I trialed the Humax box.

4. Now I'm trialing the TalkTalk box.

5. I'm not and never will be a TalkTalk customer. YouView sent the box.

I hope this is now clear ............:)

Surly to test box that going to talk talk subscribers you need to have it connected to a talktalk router and isp, other wise you can not trial the most important part of the trail- the talktalk content?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom