• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Software update bricked my PUS6704

nickmooney

Novice Member
Meh.

For the first time since my TV arrived a few months ago, a software update appeared.

I installed it, got through loading, validating and "programming" (installing?) and all appeared to go well. TV turned off and restarted and now nothing works.

It sits on HDMI 1, but can't change the volume the only button on the remote is the app button. Can't get to the home menu to factory reset it.

Called Philips who say they'll hopefully get back to me in a few days.

Anyone else had any problems like this? I've tried different remotes and stuff. The light winks on the TV whenever I press a button, but nothing apart from the App, on/off button seems to do anything anymore.

I can't remember which software version it was from (but I did an update as soon as the TV arrived in May and none were available) or to, but I can't get to that menu anymore! Any ideas how to reset?

Philips PUS6704

nickmooney

Novice Member
Okay, after turning on and off (pretty much all that could be done) after the software update (couldn't even get to a menu to reset it) I yanked the plug out of the wall and went out to dinner. Two hours later it all appears to be working again. Phew!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom