1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software to recover video from DVD RAM disk ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RecordablDVDfan, Jan 13, 2004.

1. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I've lost one sides worth of a double sided DVD RAM disk after removing the caddy inspite of being careful. Is there any good software to hopefully recover contents or part of even ?

2. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the good side readable in a PC? If so you may be able to use recovery software like 'Ontrack Easy Recovery Pro', which works well with Hard disks, floppies etc.

3. buffyangel108

buffyangel108
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm having a similar problem and really hope someone can help us out :)

Basically, I thought I'd copied all the data I needed from a DVD-RAM to my PC so I put the disc back into the E50 and formatted it. As soon as it was finished, I realised there was still one program I needed on the DVD-RAM so I rushed to my PC with the disc and ran a program called CDRoller which has worked for me with other data recovery many times in the past. It found no file :(

Can anyone recommend a good PC software recovery tool that can recover VRO files from formatted DVD-RAM discs?

Many many thanks in advance :)

4. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I've just tried a prog called isobuster which has retrived my 2.1GB worth of video. Unfortunatly I can't copy the file to the HDD unless I register the program :-( If you look on google it's surprising how many DVD recovery progs there are but this program is much faster at scaning the sectors of the DVD-RAM disk than others

5. buffyangel108

buffyangel108
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for your help :)

It looks like the data's unrecoverable after a format, though - just tried Isobuster and all it found were a couple of *.ifo files and a *.bup... no *.vro :(

6. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I've actually give up and re-formated the disk on the E50 and it works fine again. Fortunatly the series I originally recorded is being repeated again in a few weeks

I wonder if the Ulead s/w I was using caused the problem

7. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Oh well. THere's another prog called DVD X Rescue but they all do the same thing. IT seems DVD-RAM disks sometimes go the way of a CD-RW disk for whatever reason

8. buffyangel108

buffyangel108
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    True. I've been taping a series from Paramount so it will be repeated again at some point in the future... around May-June time by my reckoning :mad:

Still, DVD recording sure beats VHS :D