1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software to easily select media?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by janmars, May 23, 2003.

1. janmars

janmars
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The the process of setting up a HCPC. Have it all hooked up to my TV now (as per my other posts. And haven't quite decided to get a projector yet).

Anyway...gonna be using IRMan to control the PC...and most of the files will currently be playing through Windows Media Player.

Currently, when I select different files, I have to use the "file open" option, and then locate the file. What I would like, is a piece of software that displays "My Videos" folder...or all my movie files, in a manner that is somewhat like a "Chapter selection" on a DVD. This would make it much easier to locate my videos, rather than having to navigate through various directories.

Is there anything out there that I can use to do this?

Thanks...

2. Blight

Blight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Zoom Player has a media library navigator which allows you to browse specified directories. Or a File Navigator which allows you to browse through the entire system. All in a remote-control friendly interface (based on Girder).

Frankly, using WMP on an HTPC system is next to lunacy.

3. janmars

janmars
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks.

Only set this up yesterday so only a little looney... ;)

I will have a check of that software.

4. taimur

taimur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also try this software:
    http://www.myhtpc.net/

it's quite easy to set up after a short learning curve (especially if I can do it!)