• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Software to convert video_ts to MKV????

VAMOS DAN

hi guys, i have alot of video_ts folders that i have as a result of ripping dvd's using mtr 4.0

Now, id like to convert these folders to a single mkv file.

I was told about makemkv but it doesnt seem to do anything? i can locate the video_ts file, but when i select it it opens up showing all the vob files etc, and the only one it will allow me to select is the video_ts.IFO file

selecting this starts a process that lasts about 2 seconds then nothing?!?!? :confused:

Iv tried the process on handbrake and that works, but for some reason it makes the file a much larger size! ie the video_ts folder is 5gb, the resulting mkv file is 15gb!?

also handbrake is a lengthy process so would like to get this makemkv to work

any ideas guys???

Last edited:

tomson

I use MakeMKV - just navigate to the VIDEO_TS.IFO file click open and it spends about a minute compiling the files. Then you're met with a screen that allows you to choose subtitles and audio and prompts you to choose a place to save to... and a Make MKV button, which starts the process.

When you choose the .IFO file - what does the lower panel show?

VAMOS DAN

I use MakeMKV - just navigate to the VIDEO_TS.IFO file click open and it spends about a minute compiling the files. Then you're met with a screen that allows you to choose subtitles and audio and prompts you to choose a place to save to... and a Make MKV button, which starts the process.

When you choose the .IFO file - what does the lower panel show?

ill post up what it says at lunch mate, but it doesnt do what you described (the video_ts folders are not corrupt as they play fine and handbrake will convert them but would love to get makemkv working)

If i remember correctly it comes up with something like file is shorter than stated, fake or something along those lines!

i will post up for definite after about 1 ish :smashin:

VAMOS DAN

this is the message:

MakeMKV v1.6.2 darwin(x86-release) started
Optical drive "DVD+R-DL OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5680H 3AHB" opened in OS access mode.
Opening files on harddrive at /Volumes/Mac/NEW/MEET DAVE (2008)/VIDEO_TS/
Title #0 declared length is 0:43:09 while its real length is 1:26:40 - assuming fake title
Failed to open disc

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Try using the original disk?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom