software sale vista

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

How do you know he/she hasn't already written the Product Keys down? Thus they are "already in-use".

That looks alot like the OEM version that I've got, if that was retail it would be in the nice gucci packaging. CON.

Caveat emptor.

mmm

Under the doctrine of Caveat Emptor, the buyer could not recover from the seller for defects on the property that rendered the property unfit for ordinary purposes. The only exception was if the seller actively concealed latent defects. The modern trend, however, is one of the Implied Warranty of Fitness that applies only to the sale of new residential housing by a builder-seller and the rule of Caveat Emptor applies to all other sale situations (i.e. homeowner to buyer)

Before statutory law, the buyer had no warranty of the quality of goods. In many jurisdictions, the law now requires that goods must be of "merchantable quality". However, this implied warranty can be difficult to enforce, and may not apply to all products. Hence, buyers are still advised to be cautious.

In addition to the quality of the merchandise, this phrase also applies to the return policy. In most jurisdictions, there is no legal requirement for the vendor to provide a refund or exchange. In many cases, the vendor will not provide a refund but will provide a credit. In the case of software, movies and other copyrighted material many vendors will only do a direct exchange for another copy of the exact same title. Most stores require proof of purchase and impose time limits on exchanges or refunds; however, some larger chain stores will do exchanges or refunds at any time with or without proof of purchase.

This phrase has given rise to many informal variations, such as caveat reader (properly expressed in Latin as caveat lector).

Caveat emptor has also been used by software documentors to entitle their collection of software functioning oddities or stumbling blocks in usage.

Thanks for the cut and paste from Wikipedia. :lesson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor

However, I was referring to the actual meaning of the words translated into English, "let the buyer beware", (see top of article)

Or in other words, if it looks too good to be true, it's probably a scam.

It's either a scam or they are stolen goods. Vista ultimate OEM costs around £110 which that is, even though it says £350 thats for the retail which that isn't as I have premium OEM and have the exact same package as that is presented in.

That £50 is less than the basic costs, suppose it could be true though due to the exchange rate and M$ extrememly high European prices compared to US but i wouldn't spend that sort of money through a stranger without going through something like Ebay or Paypal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom