Software recommendation for use of OEM dvd rw drives

cabbie19

I have bought 2 samsung OEM dvd rw/dl drives, as they come without any software do i need to get software, and if so what do you all recommend please.
thanks, jamie.

phillyd1981

With what o/s? They both should with xp,vista and windows 7 the driver should be auto installed during the installation process or if adding to a existing system just use the auto install driver option on the dvd drive in device mananger.

cabbie19

With what o/s? They both should with xp,vista and windows 7 the driver should be auto installed during the installation process or if adding to a existing system just use the auto install driver option on the dvd drive in device mananger.

Sorry, they will be part of a new build. i will be installing Windows7 64 bit.
thanks..........i was thinking of burning software.
jamie

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Windows 7 has built in CD Packet burning software so you can drag data and files onto them like a hard drive if you're only going to use them on another computer. If you need a proper track-based data disc (e.g. music CD) or want to burn .img files then there are several popular programs that a quick search should fine, CDBurnerXP for example.

MarkE19

Windows 7 has programs built in for burning audio CD's and video DVD's etc so you may not need any additional software for using them.
A free program I often use though is ImgBurn.

Mark.

cabbie19

Thanks all for your fast and helpful replies :smashin:
jamie

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom