Software query

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
My trusty old Sky+ V1 pace box broke down a couple of weeks ago and I have just had it back from repair. It seems different though in that I have to press 0 to get to the planner instead of green I think it was.

The operating software is 1.31A0E
and
the EPG software is sky+ 1.30.q

Are these the latest versions? If not, can I upgrade them to the latest without losing my recordings in items in the planner?

Thanks
Greg

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
anyone?

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
yep do a force update

turn off box at mains
press backup button (on stb not remote!)
put mains back on
continue to hold backup untill all lights on front light up.
wait untill lights reset (can be 10 mins.)

hopefully problem solved

cheers, Franc

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
great, will try that Franc. That won't mess with the recordings will it?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I've done the forced update as you suggest, but now the box won't even turn on :(

I just get the red led on the front and pressing the power on the box or remote will not turn it on.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Greg

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Try again power off first for a couple of minutes - some boxes with very out of date software as yours can take 3 or 4 ( I have even heard of more) times to update correctly and completely.

It doesn't by any chance have an upgraded (larger or replacement) hard disk fitted?
:cool:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Nope standard hard drive. I have tried many software updates but to no avail. Also tried the holding left and right buttons to reload hard drive but that also didn't work, so I'm guessing the box is buggered.

Engineer coming Thursday. Fortunately I took out a third party warranty so it's cost me nought!

The engineer I spoke to did say a lot of the V1 boxes are dying because they do not like all the new options in the software upgrades. Don't know if that's true or not.