Software licences - Installing PSE 10 on more than 1 computer?

FallOutBoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question - Just bought PSE 10 as I don't currently have any proper photo editing software of any kind and it was only £29.99 so couldn't resist!
However, I plan on getting a new computer soon.
How does the software license work, can I install it on my old PC now and then uninstall it and install on my new computer in a few weeks? Or am I allowed to have it on more than one computer at a time?

Adobe allow the software on two consecutive PCs as long as they are only used one at a time. You need to deregister one first if you want to install on another.

Adobe allow the software on two consecutive PCs as long as they are only used one at a time. You need to deregister one first if you want to install on another.

Thanks, how would I deregister it before installing on the new computer? If I deregister first, can I still only install on a total of 2 different computers?

If you go to the Help bar you can deactivate an installation. Adobe software runs with a service in the background that checks license keys. If you disable the service your software is all disabled. It won't let you activate more than 2 installs either.

You are allowed to have it registered on 2 computers which you then use at different times - I have it on both my desktop and laptop, for example.

So in your case, install it on your current PC and use.
When you get the new PC, install it on that and use.
Once you are happy you are not going to use it again on the old PC you can deregister it from that, and you will then be able to repeat the swap when (some time later) you replace the new PC :)

Ah, OK, thanks for clarifying, that's fine then. So I can have it on up to 2 computers at any one time. Was worried at first when 2 computers were mentioned above, it wasn't quite clear if that meant only EVER 2 computers could have the software registered lol that's fine then, so I will do as stated above, cheers guys! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom