software for making slide show

A

alterego

I want to create a slide show with photo stills, video with soundtrack and background music. Then I want to burn it to DVD to show on TV. Can anyone recommend some easy to use software (windows) that's aimed at the non professional? Thanks

If you have XP I think you can do it with Windows Movie Maker

Pretty sure there are other free ones as i was looking to find some for win 98 recently

Had a quick look at Photo Story but it doesn't burn DVDs and it sounds a bit of a faff to import video. Since OP I have found ProShow Gold which does everything I need and I have an evaluation copy in use. Looks a very capable bit of software so I'll probably buy it.

Thanks for replies anyway.

I have been using ProShow Producer 2.4 for a while.

Its very easy to use and works a treat, never had any failed disks (so far)

Lyngarth

I have used a number of these types of programs in the past ,most are very good. ProShowGold is good and I think is about one of the quickest for producing a slide show .MemoriesOnTv3 is fantastic and has some great effects, I like the Ken Burns effect but this can take a while to render and writes directly to DVD.Another worth looking at for something different is a one by Canopus called Letts Photo Express .This has some really spectacular transitions like photos just dropping on to the screen and zooming in & out and a one that looks like a photo album with turning leaves and the zoom effect ,this one came out as a demo on a mag disk and only allows 1 mp3 for background music but is worth buying .Also , most video editing packages allow you to add your pictures and add music , MoviePlus , Pinnacle ,Ulead to name a few .Hope this helps

Thanks Rickyt, I have settled on Proshow Gold. After a couple of days with an evaluation copy, I'm satisfied in does what I need and is fairly easy to get to grips with even for a novice home user like me. $70 isn't going to break my bank either so I've ordered a copy. Thanks all for opinions. Rob

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom