software for making slide show

A

alterego

I want to create a slide show with photo stills, video with soundtrack and background music. Then I want to burn it to DVD to show on TV. Can anyone recommend some easy to use software (windows) that's aimed at the non professional? Thanks

shaolin101

If you have XP I think you can do it with Windows Movie Maker

Pretty sure there are other free ones as i was looking to find some for win 98 recently

A

alterego

Had a quick look at Photo Story but it doesn't burn DVDs and it sounds a bit of a faff to import video. Since OP I have found ProShow Gold which does everything I need and I have an evaluation copy in use. Looks a very capable bit of software so I'll probably buy it.

Thanks for replies anyway.

lyngarth

Standard Member
I have been using ProShow Producer 2.4 for a while.

Its very easy to use and works a treat, never had any failed disks (so far)

Lyngarth

rickyt

I have used a number of these types of programs in the past ,most are very good. ProShowGold is good and I think is about one of the quickest for producing a slide show .MemoriesOnTv3 is fantastic and has some great effects, I like the Ken Burns effect but this can take a while to render and writes directly to DVD.Another worth looking at for something different is a one by Canopus called Letts Photo Express .This has some really spectacular transitions like photos just dropping on to the screen and zooming in & out and a one that looks like a photo album with turning leaves and the zoom effect ,this one came out as a demo on a mag disk and only allows 1 mp3 for background music but is worth buying .Also , most video editing packages allow you to add your pictures and add music , MoviePlus , Pinnacle ,Ulead to name a few .Hope this helps

A

alterego

Thanks Rickyt, I have settled on Proshow Gold. After a couple of days with an evaluation copy, I'm satisfied in does what I need and is fairly easy to get to grips with even for a novice home user like me. $70 isn't going to break my bank either so I've ordered a copy. Thanks all for opinions. Rob