1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software DVD players

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by JT, May 14, 2005.

1. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My setup: PC connected to pansonic crt tv via s-video cable & sound by co-ax to amp(SPDIF output)
    I have a geforce fx5500 256mb and am running in dualview mode. pc is P4 340HT. 1 gig memory. 250gb hd.

When I play dvds, stored on hdd, I get good pictures on my tv, its just the aspect ratio.
    On powerdvd6 I have to expand the screen on the monitor to get proper aspect on the tv (tv is set to full mode). If I play about with the shape on the monitor it changes the shape on the tv. Is there a way of setting it for always fullscreen on tv. Also when playing a hdd dvd on the config screen video-advance adjustments all of dual display mode is greyed out and display device only the single primary is lit, so no adjustments can made, is this normal?
    Also on nero showtime I get bars at the side of the dvd when I switch over to 16:9 view on the player, bars at top and bottom I can understand but why at the side? Any Ideas please :lease:

One last thing my amp HK5500 can play decode mp3s when input through a spdif cable, so how can I output a pure mp3 signal to the amp, I am already hooked up via a co-ax cable. (No decoding as amp will take care of that)

I've tried goggle seaches on the above but no luck, also fired of e-mails to the companies but no replies yet.
    Thanks John

2. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most graphics cards have the facility to display nothing but full screen video on the 2nd monitor. This means though that you will not see any menus, options etc on the 2nd screen.

3. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for your reply MikeFish.
    Looks like I will just stick with powerdvd6.
    Do you know of a way to output a pure mp3 signal to my amp?
    John