Software Duplication

alchad

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Slightly elderly silver surfer, so please be gentlešŸ˜€

I'm trying to help a friend by Dropboxing him restore files for a piece of antiquated audio kit (Cambridge Azur 640H, basically a mini ITX based PC, it's hard drive contains 2 partitions, the first contains a Windows CE based operating system, the second stores the music files).

Cambridge supplied a cd which you loaded into the 640H, configured bios to boot from it and the system was restored in the event of problems (they happened quite often!). I have accessed the CD on my desktop PC and the files are as shown in the photo below. I copied them to my pc, loaded a CD-R disc and burnt the files to the CD. On inspection the files on the newly burnt CD are identical to the original Cambridge CD. BUT, when I did a trial run on a spare 640H, the new CD does nothing, if I use the original CD I get a full restore.

Obviously I am missing something - obviously- any advice much appreciated.

Regards

Alchad

3762F09B-EEFC-4889-A70A-E42D993EC160.jpeg

You will need to create a bootable CD, if you search online there are many methods and tools. You could try something like PowerISO
Make Bootable CD / DVD Disc

I've no idea what the supporting infrastructure for Windows CE was, it's possible even a normal PC bootable CD wouldn't work.

I'd try using the duplicate disc function of some burning software.

Thanks all, thanks to the original reply I finally managed to basically copy as an ISO the original CD and when I burn that ISO to a new CD it does what the original does, so I can send that iSO.

Still would like to understand what is on the original CD re boot files, ut one step at a time.

Once again thanks for the replies

Alchad

Thanks all, thanks to the original reply I finally managed to basically copy as an ISO the original CD and when I burn that ISO to a new CD it does what the original does, so I can send that iSO.

Still would like to understand what is on the original CD re boot files, ut one step at a time.

Once again thanks for the replies

Alchad
Have a look at the .bat file using Notepad

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom