Software - choose specific channel from 7.1

stevos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure which sub-forum to put this, for max the chance of a reply but here goes nothing.

I am wondering if there is any pc software that allows you to play, ideally music or audio of your choice (what i want is real audio and not a test tone), through specific channels of a 7.1 setup.

What i want to be able to do is play the same music and move it through each channel and see how the sound compares and get a real idea of what accustical problems there might be in the room. I know i can use roomeq to measure it, but that is just a graph and i don't know how to convert that in my mind to real sound.

The only thing I've seen close to that is in MPC-HC under options->Internal Filters->Audio Switch you will find custom channel mapping but I've no clue if it does exactly what you want.

If not maybe dedicated music players might have the feature have a look around the audio player section of videohelp.

thanks will check out mpc-hc. my guess is all I need is a way to turn down the volume on individual speakers

Almost works using mpc-hc.

I can't seem to reassign a input to another channel, but can mute individual channels.

I guess i need to find an audio file that is playing the same sound out of all 7 channels

What i want to be able to do is play the same music and move it through each channel and see how the sound compares and get a real idea of what accustical problems there might be in the room. I know i can use roomeq to measure it, but that is just a graph and i don't know how to convert that in my mind to real sound.

Can you set your Marantz to all channel stereo then unplug the individual speakers from your power amp?

i could but it's a pain reaching behind as rack doesn't have wheels and now weighs a ton with all the gear

i could but it's a pain reaching behind as rack doesn't have wheels and now weighs a ton with all the gear
You could try disconnecting the speaker wire from the back of the individual speakers

kinda same problem. my surround 4 and heights are all wall mounted and so would require taking them down to unplug. doable but a pain if testing each channel or trying to AB between options.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom