Software - choose specific channel from 7.1

stevos

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Not sure which sub-forum to put this, for max the chance of a reply but here goes nothing.

I am wondering if there is any pc software that allows you to play, ideally music or audio of your choice (what i want is real audio and not a test tone), through specific channels of a 7.1 setup.

What i want to be able to do is play the same music and move it through each channel and see how the sound compares and get a real idea of what accustical problems there might be in the room. I know i can use roomeq to measure it, but that is just a graph and i don't know how to convert that in my mind to real sound.

next010

Distinguished Member
The only thing I've seen close to that is in MPC-HC under options->Internal Filters->Audio Switch you will find custom channel mapping but I've no clue if it does exactly what you want.

If not maybe dedicated music players might have the feature have a look around the audio player section of videohelp.

stevos

Distinguished Member
thanks will check out mpc-hc. my guess is all I need is a way to turn down the volume on individual speakers

stevos

Distinguished Member
Almost works using mpc-hc.

I can't seem to reassign a input to another channel, but can mute individual channels.

I guess i need to find an audio file that is playing the same sound out of all 7 channels

paulst10

Distinguished Member
What i want to be able to do is play the same music and move it through each channel and see how the sound compares and get a real idea of what accustical problems there might be in the room. I know i can use roomeq to measure it, but that is just a graph and i don't know how to convert that in my mind to real sound.
Can you set your Marantz to all channel stereo then unplug the individual speakers from your power amp?

stevos

Distinguished Member
i could but it's a pain reaching behind as rack doesn't have wheels and now weighs a ton with all the gear

paulst10

Distinguished Member
i could but it's a pain reaching behind as rack doesn't have wheels and now weighs a ton with all the gear
You could try disconnecting the speaker wire from the back of the individual speakers

stevos

Distinguished Member
kinda same problem. my surround 4 and heights are all wall mounted and so would require taking them down to unplug. doable but a pain if testing each channel or trying to AB between options.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom