1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software better than Photoshop Premeire LE?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by avsilky, Jan 20, 2003.

1. avsilky

avsilky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone suggest better software than Photoshop Premeire LE? Looking for both photo editing and album making. Simple to learn would be nice. ME on PC by the way. Thanks!:)

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    avsilky,
    with so much software available to do this it is difficult to advise.

Most of them are good and excel in some form or other.

Adobe photoshop is the choice of professionals. It is very feature rich but takes a lot of time to master. If you are into publishing then this is your tool.

Paint shop pro on the other hand is 1/10 of the price (if you pay for it!!!) still offers a wealth of features but is much much easier to learn. But if you dont intend to touch up pictures its overkill.

Then there are album tools, there are so many of these. I wouldnt know where to start.

Do a wish list then Im sure some recommendations can be made!

Im sure you will get better advice if you state what you want from the software.

3. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +416
    Have you had a look at photoshop elements ... cut-down version of photoshop specifically for digital camera/image users ... now on v2 and available for about £50 or cheaper ...

Jon

4. nhk

nhk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agree Photoshop Elements - but do yourself a favour and get a book called "Photoshop Elements Solution" by Mikkel Aaland. Immensely valuable book to extract the best from this excellent program (virtually 90% of Photoshop) for around £50.

5. avsilky

avsilky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere LE 5.1 - came with the computer but no "how to" books so have delved mostly into Elements blindly. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else better out there before I spend all my time learning the software. Thanks for the suggestions and I'll look for the Solutions book.:)

6. minimad

minimad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hang on to Elements, don't spend any money for the moment, but, have a look at www.retouchpro.com
    or
    www.ephotozine.co.uk

There is a wealth of knowledge on these two sites as well as tutorials, hints, tips, and forums occupied by a bunch of very friendly digital enthusiasts.

Retouch Pro is American, E Photozine is UK based.

Collin

7. avsilky

avsilky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Love the Retouchpro site! Haven't been to ephotozine yet. But will update later. Thanks!

8. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62