1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

software available to rip cd's to atrac format?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Stuart P, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    hi all - is there any software available (apart from sonicstage) that will rip cd's to the atrac format?

i've looked on download.com but was unable to see anything. i currently use easy-cdda & that does mp3 but not atrac

2. Simebaby

Simebaby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't think so as ATRAC is a propriatary Sony format, I did have a poke around myself and couldn't find anything.

3. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you have the mp3 files you can change them to atrac in bluk using another sony tool so it aint the best but its not too bad if you dont mind it crashing!

4. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172

mmmm....thats what i thought. so my next question is - does sonicstage do a quality job of ripping cd's?

i use a third party program for mp3 ripping for a reason. that reason is i believe you get a better reproduction from a program designed to one thing & one thing only, as opposed to say i-tunes which does a number of things including ripping cd's (my thought - if you buy a complete all-in-one toolbox with all you need in it already supplied, chosen by someone else, it is probably not as good as buying all the separate tools individually & making up your own toolbox....similar to the hi-fi separates vs all-in-ones argument :thumbsup: )

5. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    encoding to atrac ss is the best because theres no alternative, for mp3 it uses a standadr lame encoder so the output will be exactly the same as any other ripper, almost all of em use the same encoder.

6. Darthvador

Darthvador
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Been Using valio music program (drag and drop )Is This not as Good As Using ss

7. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its exactly the same except you cant arrange in groups or change file format, for simply getting jusic from a to b though its just as good.