• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Software advice needed please

mick goody

Banned
Hi guys :)

A relative recently passed away. I have collected lots of photos and digital pictures of him.

I'd like to make a so called slide show of them all for myself and the family.

Anybody here know the best and easiest for me to use?

I'm ultimately going to burn this to DVD's (which I know how to do) but I don't know where to start making the slide show.

Any help please :)

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
Hi guys :)

A relative recently passed away. I have collected lots of photos and digital pictures of him.

I'd like to make a so called slide show of them all for myself and the family.

Anybody here know the best and easiest for me to use?

I'm ultimately going to burn this to DVD's (which I know how to do) but I don't know where to start making the slide show.

Any help please :)

Which operating system do you use?

200p

Isn't 576i even crapper than 480p? :) Maybe okay for stills I guess. Ah wait - NTSC is 480i. Man I used to think DVDs looked amazing :laugh:
If the 'slideshow' had to be on a normal DVD, as standard video (and a normal DVD is standard definition), the "PAL" DVD would look better since it's made of 576 visible lines, at 25 fps (50 fields per sec), whereas the "NTSC" DVD would allow smoother motion (or smoother transitions?), at 30 fps (60 fields per sec).

But like said in the other posts, it's better not to use standard definition. Maybe it's best to use the program specified above if that works and is the best/simplest and if it does what OP requires (though you could also use a video editor etc. and output as a H264 1080p/4K etc. video).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom