• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Softmod new xbox using another chipped xbox

Coggss

Established Member
I have a new xbox that I want to add a larger hard drive to and softmod.
Can this be done using my other chipped xbox and a pc (as I don't have a memory card).
If so can some one point me in the right direction.
I've had a look but not come across a tutorial on this (I'm guessing it can't be done).

Matt Horne

Prominent Member
afaik you cannot add a larger harddrive using the softmod... you would have to have the chip...

Chanser

Prominent Member
Softmodded my Xbox and installed a new Seagate 400GB hard disc. Install nearly went fine. Backup your original, EEPROM then make a ISO of the backup and EEPROM using XboxHDM. Boot PC with CD and it's simple from there.

Coggss

Established Member
Softmodded my Xbox and installed a new Seagate 400GB hard disc. Install nearly went fine.

Install nearly went fine.........
did it not work ?

Guess I'm going to have to get a memory card.
Is see xploder site have a special on, cheaper than ebay at the mo.

Xploder Cheat Saves for Xbox £12.99 (inc.P&P)

Chanser

Prominent Member
Nearly went fine as in I sorted out the spare unused space, as F drive can only have upto 137GB or something like that and formatted G drive to get the rest of the space.
Plus make sure you lock the hard drive after the install.

Overall it's a success, XBMC dancing happily with 370-380GB of formatted data.

triplea4uk

Established Member
Nearly went fine as in I sorted out the spare unused space, as F drive can only have upto 137GB or something like that and formatted G drive to get the rest of the space.
Plus make sure you lock the hard drive after the install.

Overall it's a success, XBMC dancing happily with 370-380GB of formatted data.

Softmod does that to play it safe if you was using a mod chip then you can use all the extra space in F:

Lock it asap just in case something happens and XB turns of.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom