Softmod + MSDash

zpos

Established Member
Reaction score
I modified my Argos xbox using this method:

http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox.shtml

I used the gamesaves mentioned in the article.

Everything works fine apart from that I can't get into the MSDash. When I select the option in Evox it skips over it so I can't even select it. I've tried it via Avalaunch and get nothing.

Maybe its the way its supposed to work? Am I supposed to be able to get to MSdash via a softmod? The only way to get to msdash is to use the original backups and effectively 'throwaway' the softmod.

I don't envisage wanting to use the MSDash, but when I get some component cables, I will need to go back into it to enable the options.

I've also tried the Ndure1.1.1 save games and get a similar problem. The evox.ini refers to C:\msdash.xbe which is not there, could that be part of the problem?

I also noticed when I performed the initial rom backup in the exploit, it seemed to copy a shedload of stuff which looks identical to the backup of the msdash. I couldn't find any *.bin files so I used evox to create a backup.

For info, I do have access to a hard modded xbox.

Any ideas - perhaps I'm just being a bit dense?!

z

Did you have the option for dual boot on the softmod? With SID 3.1 you can choose to boot Modded Dashboard with Eject button and MS Dashboard with Power button or vice versa...

Didn't have any option to dual boot.

When I press the eject button it boots to the 'softmod' dash which has various options. This is where I can use the backups and install evox...etc.

Pressing the on button takes me the dash.

z

Err, surely there's got to be an easier way of getting hold of that SID 4.5!

Just spent the last ten mins on that site in pop-up hell and went full circle without getting it.

z

scumball, despite you're nick, you're a star!

z

turn the xbox on and put an origional game in the drive then turn the xbox off and back on and the game should load.

If the light is green you are good to go :)

If its orange its loaded the mod.

That Sid4.5 sorted me out. Get to the msdash no problem.

I did go with the dual option but chose the wrong one so had to uninstall the softmod. That was good practice anyway.

Everything's hunky dory now.

z

In the softmod you was using you have to enable the dual boot option its in an extras section it gives choice if you want to use Live MS dash also but it don't matter now you have gone for the inferior SID

ok, cheers for the additional info. I probably should have read the docs properly aye :lesson:

z

In the softmod you was using you have to enable the dual boot option its in an extras section it gives choice if you want to use Live MS dash also but it don't matter now you have gone for the inferior SID

He was using SID before - SID v2.0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom