1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod HDD upgrade question

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by mickrick, Aug 11, 2005.

1. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have softmodded my box to see how it works before I try it on anyone elses. I then used XBOXHDM to install an 80Gb hdd. I used my Xecuter 3 chip to partition the drive with a c: e: and f: partition and formatted all partitions. But when I ftp into the box, I cannot see the f: partition and I cannot ftp any games using Qwix as it is installing to f:\games. It gets to 100% and then freezes.

Can anyone help?

2. cra41g

cra41g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does this when booting from the softmodded BIOS, and when you boot the Xbox from the Xecuter 3 chip?

3. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +410
    Are you FTPing via Evo-X dashboard? That has use F & G drive settings.

4. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yeah, I went back into the AID 2.11 disc and enabled F: and then reinstalled the softmod and everything working well.

5. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    I have my Xbox modded using Unleash X, I want to get a bigger HDD about 100 GB, but what do i need to do, I know how to partition it on a PC but is there anything else I need to know about?

as i read somewhere else that u need to download something to boot to the harddrive, not sure what it is or where to get it from though.

Help...

6. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You need to get an installer, like AutoInstaller Deluxe (AID) 2.11 and XBOXHDM.

Use AID to create an f: partition on your stock drive and make it active. Use configmagic on your box to backup your eeprom. This will create a file called eeprom.bin.

FTP your c: and e: partitions to your pc, along with eeprom.bin.

Then create an XBOXHDM bootable cd on your pc and include the c: e: and eeprom.bin files in the image. Also, put eeprom.bin on a blank floppy disc as well.

Take your upgrade hdd and connect it to your pc as the primary master device, then boot the pc with the XBOXHDM bootable cd.

Choose option 1 and setup a new hdd from scratch

Next, use "xbrowser" to copy the c: and e: folders from your cd to the new hdd.

When this is done, reboot, choose option 3 and type "lockhd". You will be asked for a floppy with eeprom.bin on it. Insert the floppy you created earlier and the drive will be locked to your Xbox's eeprom.

Put the new hdd into your Xbox and boot it up. It should load your dashboard of choice.

Rebbot the Xbox with AID dvd and use the softmod options to setup your f: partition and make it active, then reinstall your dash of choice.

All stuff copied to your f: partition will now be seen by your Xbox.

And that is about as much as I can tell you.

7. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    Ok thanks alot, thats really helpful, do u have or know wheere i can those files u mentioned please?

8. cra41g

cra41g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +480
    Yes, that performance is necessary with a softmodded Xbox as without the softmod you cannot boot the AID disk or use EvoX or any unsigned code. You basically need to replicate the original softmodded disk on the replacement disk.

Of course if your box is shipped of TSOP flashed then it's a simple matter of booting an installer disk & selecting 'Prepare new disk' from the menu.

10. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Things are so much easier with a modchip, aren't they? :thumbsup:

11. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Google "download XBOXHDM 1.9" (without quotes) and you should find it. It's more difficult to get AID, but if you use bittorrent you should find it on mininova. The exploit is included in the AID downloaded, including the Mechassault and 007 Rogue Agent exploits.