Soft Or Hard Mod???

craigsrocco

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All :hiya:

After a little guideance really.

A couple of years ago i had an xbox that i softmodded using the Splinter cell game. I no longer have said xbox but have been thinking of building a pc that i can store movies, music etc on. Now whilst pricing bit n pieces i noticed the £'s were building up and thought about a cheaper alternative which brought me back to the modded xbox scene.

I have bought a crystal xbox from evil bay that i will use for the mod. My intention is to install a 500+gb hard drive to allow plenty of space for movies, music and the odd classic xbox game.

Should i softmod it (i still have my copy of splinter cell and the memory card with required software on it) or go for the hard mod route? Been looking at the Xecuter 2.6 CE Mod.

Regards
Craig

Hi All :hiya:

After a little guideance really.

A couple of years ago i had an xbox that i softmodded using the Splinter cell game. I no longer have said xbox but have been thinking of building a pc that i can store movies, music etc on. Now whilst pricing bit n pieces i noticed the £'s were building up and thought about a cheaper alternative which brought me back to the modded xbox scene.

I have bought a crystal xbox from evil bay that i will use for the mod. My intention is to install a 500+gb hard drive to allow plenty of space for movies, music and the odd classic xbox game.

Should i softmod it (i still have my copy of splinter cell and the memory card with required software on it) or go for the hard mod route? Been looking at the Xecuter 2.6 CE Mod.

Regards
Craig

1 vote for softmod :D

If you already have the kit then save yourself the pain/money and softmod it, I’ve done loads that way never had any problems I personally don’t see any dvantage in chipping it

Softmod if you're confident in the processes involved in upgrading the HDD and you're patient - or hardmod if you're like me and you like to tinker too much - gives you that safety net and if you get a solderless kit modding multiple Xboxes becomes really, really easy!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom