1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soemthing cheaper second hand?!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by craynerd, Aug 16, 2005.

1. craynerd

craynerd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I want to go for the CA azur 540 which is cheap as it is as £250! BUT BUT, i want something even cheaper, and by that i mean stay the same quality but second hand! I was looking on ebay and watched my parents sony db940 for £140 !!! thats an older (8 year) but a lovely unit and i remeber them paying over £600 when it came out! BUT how does something like that compare with a cheaper but newer system??

If you think second hand is a good idea, any other models to look for? or anyone got anything second ahnd lol, but ITS GOTTA be silver ;)

2. dean randle

dean randle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Got to Superfi's website. They have some deals on Yamaha receivers (450 and 457 IIRC) for about £130 and £150 respectively. Definitely worth a look.

Dean.

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    not second hand though.

azurs go for about £150 on ebay, i think everyones put off becasue on richer sounds website eveything has "hundreds of pounds off the TSP" etc etc, and the CA has no money off. to anyone that cares its because richer sounds are the exclusive seller so whatever they sell it at is the TSP really. in europe it sells for about €650???

4. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I might be interested in flogging mine soon