Sod's Law ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Clocker73, Feb 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Clocker73

Clocker73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Folks

My first post and its an issue that you have probably read a thousand times before.

I have had my Hitachi L32H01UA for just over a year, I have no extended warranty and Sod's Law, this afternoon when I went to check to footy results on SKY Sports Jeff Stelling was in SERIOUS SLO-MO !. I am aware that LCD suffers from motion blurring, but this is just rediculous, really bad trailing on the screen all the ususal scrolling info at the bottom of the screen was a constant blur and also the colour is bad, as if the contrast has been set really high.

My questions is this

Is my TV in its final death throw, or seeming the manufacturers warranty ran out in December, can or
    it be rescued by an engineer ?

Many thanks for you time and advice on this

Clocker73

2. OggMonst3r

OggMonst3r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Clocker,

Welcome to the forums:thumbsup: Whilst I am unable to help with your specific TV, I can suggest you still get in touch with the retailer you got your TV from. If you are unaware, a 12 month warranty offers the terms in addition to your statutory rights. I would expect the retailer to offer a free repair of a TV that was playing up just 13 months after I had bought it - legally you can expect goods to last a "reasonable length of time" - arguably a few years in the case of consumer electronics...

I would see what they say/offer...

Hope this helps,

Ox:smashin:

3. Clocker73

Clocker73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Ox

Many thanks for your suggestion, I will try my luck.

Clocker