Sod the Budget

weavesno1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget how much I have to spend. Here are my final four choices, in no particular order. 1) LG 650t 2) Sony HX923 3) Samsung D7000 and 4) Panasonic 50gt30.

Could people please advise on pros and cons for each. It will be used for bluray 2d and 3d and Xbox live

Cheers guys

well spot the odd one out...
Id go for the plasma (GT30). Personally i think a plasma will always give a better image, unless you will be watching the TV in a *very* bright room.
the GT30 will have the best blacks and lowest lag (good for gaming)
I would hazard a guess that the D7000 will have the best brightness, so if you are watching in a light room, id pick that one.

As for 3D - my first choice would be the panasonic, but you've thrown a bit of a curve ball by including a Passive 3D set (LG). If it was for me, id go Active and stick with the Panasonic. If it was a family TV with 4+ people watching, id go LG for the ease of the Passive.

Thanks very much timmy, also is hdmi 1.4 the one for 3d and am I better shelling out for an expensive one. I have 4 hdmi's. 3 connected to my onkyo r608 from sky hd xbox360 and Panasonic 310 bluray player and then one from onkyo to tv. Am I better shelling out 60 quid each for 4 cables

Well im no expert on HDMI, but what i do know is you dont need 1.4 for 3D - you just need one with 'High Speed'. Which i think all do, and have done for years.
What i think you need 1.4 for is ARC (Audio Return Channel) which i dont fully understand, but you may need if running thru an amp... really cant remember.
Also, your amp will need to be 1.4 / 3D compatible

Thanks for the info, yeah my onkyo is definitely 3d ready. is it worth spending the money if you've got it on some qed's and should I replace all 4 there just cheap tesco and curry's ones

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom