1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOCOM II Registration for Online

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by MaKSiNG, Jul 14, 2005.

1. MaKSiNG

MaKSiNG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Guys,

I have just got SOCOM II and it is excellent but I just tried to get online with it and I am having difficulties.

I am using a PS2 Slimline together with a Wireless Router. I am able to get online to play Need for Speed, so the connection is there.

I connect to the server and get through the DNAS, but when I connect to a universe I am asked to register a new handle. I enter all the details (these are made up including the password) in the hope that they will be registered in the next step. Then I just see 'Logoff' and I am returned to the screen where I have to enter all of the details again.

Do I need to register this handle and password somewhere else first? Is it expecting a particular password not one that I make up in that screen to be registered?

I am confused! :rolleyes:

Thanks in Advance,
    MaKS

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    Socom 2 is an official PS2 online game so you use your Central Station handle in the game. Some games for the PS2 work a bit like X-Box live in that you have a standardised game handle - others like GR2 use a separate set up. Have you set up via Central Station?

3. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Welcome to the simple and easy to use Netplay from Sony!!!!!!!!!!

:lesson: to sony, if you only do something half-arsed, don't bother next time

4. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,522
    As stated;

Use the Network Adapter disk and logon to Sony's Central Station.
    Make an account.
    Log off.
    Logon onto SOCOM 2.
    Use your Central Station details.
    Get fragged by numerous laggy rank-whoring wings ;)

I've hardly ever bothered going back onto Central Station, so dont worry about how poor it is. But yes i hope Sony do pull out a more comprehensive online model for the PS3.

The game is good, but i hope you dont find it too tough, as it can be a bit rough on beginners; learning the maps, coordinating with teammates, and avoiding really good players is useful for starting. The game isnt quite what it was just before christmas, as its either laggier or people are self-inducing lag for an advantage (though this isnt super widespread i believe), plus a bit of bickering about "broken" weapons. There are some good fun clans out there that are "safe", so jump onto one of their rooms when you see them. I play with [HH], [TI$], [PIG], [IRE], [OAP] and my own [WAC], as "Stinja" - however ive not been playing much lately. Look any of us up.

Good luck! :devil: SOCOM 3 end of the year hopefully.

5. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Feel free to join our CDR Anygunfun rooms....We allow all weapons, so there's no bitching about using IW80's, GL's M60 etc.... :thumbsup: